We know that you may be sold on HopSkipDrive, but your school may not be on the same page. Here's some information about HopSkipDrive you can share with them! Just copy and paste the content below or copy and share the link to this page! You can also download and share the attached PDF.
What is HopSkipDrive and why should I trust it with my kids or students?
HopSkipDrive is a ride service to get kids (age 6+) where they need to go when their parents can't. It was created by three moms who understand the stress of driving kids to all of their activities, and the safety concerns parents have putting their children in someone else's car. It's a simple, convenient, and reliable solution born of necessity and fueled by care for the kids we carry.
As parents, we worry about the safety of all children on our rides. That's why we've built stringent safety measures into everything we do at HopSkipDrive. All CareDrivers must pass a highly selective 15-point certification process before they can drive your students.
- Enjoys working with children and has at least 5 years of caregiving experience
- No criminal record
- No sex offender record
- Member of the Trustline Registry
- Valid driver's license
- Ongoing DMV record review
- Age 23 or older
- Owns or leases a vehicle not more than 10 years old, seating 4-7 passengers
- 19-point vehicle inspection by a certified mechanic
- In-person meeting with a member of the HopSkipDrive team
- Completes in-person driver orientation
- Personal auto insurance coverage that meets or exceeds state-required limits
- Adopts the HopSkipRules
- Adopts our zero tolerance policy for smoking, drugs, and alcohol while driving
- Adopts our zero tolerance policy for illegal mobile device use while a rider is in the car
What is Trustline?
Trustline is California's registry of childcare providers who have passed a rigorous background screening. It is the only background check authorized by state law to use three databases that the general public, including private investigators and private background check companies, cannot access. All caregivers listed with Trustline have been cleared through the California Department of Justice, the Child Abuse Central Index of California, and the FBI.