Since CareDrivers transport such precious cargo, HopSkipDrive believes in administering the most extensive background checks possible. All CareDrivers must pass the following background checks:
- Driving Record Check. During the application process HopSkipDrive will run your motor vehicle report to make sure you have a good driving record. As a CareDriver, the California Department of Motor Vehicles will notify HopSkipDrive of any changes to your driving record. If your record changes and does not comply with HopSkipDrive’s standards, your CareDriver account may be deactivated.
- TrustLine is California’s registry of childcare providers who have passed background screening through the FBI, Department of Justice and California Department of Social Services. In order to be registered with TrustLine, during your HopSkipDrive in-person event you will complete a TrustLine application and will be fingerprinted to check criminal records through these agencies.
- Through a 3rd party online background check HopSkipDrive will check the following records:
- Social Security Trace
- National Criminal Records Check
- Country Criminal Records Check
- Sex Offender Check